ctt NAnt Tasks

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:19 PM

It would be nice to have a nant task to do the transformation without having to call the exe (which i think it looks ugly)...

Do you see it plausible for the next release?

PS: I'm here to help with the coding... :)

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Hi,

I don't need more this tool and I don't think that I will do any improvements in future. If you want you can try to write this task and prepare the patch for this source code. After that I will add you as contributor to this project.

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Challenge accepted!

Thanks.

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I wonder why you don't need this tool any more?  I'm finding more and more reasons to use it.  I firmly believe that config transforms are a _deployment_ related concern, and not a build/compile concern:  I don't want my build server to compile my code 3 times to generate the correct config files for different environments that I am going to deploy to.  Would be interested to hear comments and try to prevent this useful tool turning into abandon-ware.....

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2012 at 9:00 PM

pmcevoy, I have leaved the company where I worked and where we used it. Yes it is very useful tool when you have several environment to which you need deploy your application with all services/web apps, if you do not build a setup package. At current company where I'm working we have setup package, so I do not need this tool anymore. This means that I will not add any new features, but will try to fix all bugs which will be submitted.